For posting 6/6/2022
Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000
Send CV to email address email@example.com
Deadline: 6/21/2022 though applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
The Executive Director is the key management leader of GEDDI (Global Economic Diversity Development
Initiative). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and
strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include development and community engagement.
GEDDI is based in Louisville, KY. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission. (35%)
● Responsible for leading GEDDI in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
● Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
● Responsible for leading new Board member recruitment.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. (30%)
● Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support GEDDI’s mission.
● Responsible for the fiscal integrity of GEDDI, to include submission to the Board of a proposed
annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
● Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. (20%)
● Responsible for implementation of GEDDI’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
● Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that GEDDI can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
● Responsible for the enhancement of GEDDI’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. (15%)
● Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
● Responsible effective administration and evaluation of GEDDI operations and programs
● Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
1. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
2. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff while creating and fostering a positive and productive organizational culture.
3. Strategic planning and implementation.
4. Planning and operation of annual budget.
5. Serve as GEDDI’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance GEDDI’s Mission.
7. Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
8. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
9. Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
10. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
11. Review and approve contracts for services.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
● A bachelor’s degree and five years of progressive leadership experience.
● A relevant Master’s degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
● Two or more years leading development, donor relations, community engagement, non-profit or government relations or relevant experience in for-profit sector.
● Ability to collaborate with Board of Directors.
● Ability to act strategically and convey vision to stakeholders
● Demonstrated ability to supervise and collaborate with staff
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
● Ability to measure and manage quality of programming.
Click here for more information about the organization